The Beauty Scenario Tag

17.2.15

When I saw this tag/post on Beauty & Things by the lovely Kerri, I thought 'I must do this!' She did tag anyone who was interested, so here we go...

You have to get rid of all your foundations and only keep one high-end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

Since I only use one foundation anyway, this is an easy question to answer. It's the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I don't use drugstore foundations as they tend to have a lot of comedogenic ingredients in them.

You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

I honestly have no idea what I would do. I'm quite shy with new people which would make me reluctant to say anything but on the other hand, I would want someone to save me from further embarrassment and tell me if I had lipstick on my teeth. So maybe I would just try and make light of the situation by telling her and then saying don't worry, it's happened to me plenty of times too - which it has.

You're not feeling yourself and you need a pick-me-up lipstick, which do you go for?

Orange shades on my lips always make me feel better because I think they suit my skin tone the most. So, I'd more than likely go for the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Peach Parfait.

You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

I don't think I'd do much differently in the hair department as I always kept it pretty simple - loose and either straight or curled. But I do wish I'd known how to tease my hair and do more braided looks like I do now.

I'm not ashamed to say that when I was a teen, my Mum actually used to apply my makeup. I envied her skills so much back then and she was happy to do it for me. Before I started watching YouTube, she taught me everything I knew about makeup. But I wish she had left the blue eyeliner alone - it's definitely cringe-worthy when I look back on it. I'd probably also try to embrace my natural beauty a little more by keeping my makeup lighter as it did get me in trouble a couple times at school.

You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut but they hear wrong and give you a pixie cut, what do you do?
a) Smile, say thank you, call your mum and cry hysterically
b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward
c) Complain to the manager and ask for a refund

I didn't even know what this style looked like until I looked it up. In the hypothetical situation that I did want my hair cut this way, my hairdresser would probably have to be rushed to the emergency room in an ambulance after being scraped up off the floor after fainting. That may be a slight exaggeration but she'd be seriously shocked if I wanted my hair cut that way. Option c isn't possible because my hairdresser is the owner, and I certainly would not be smiling if I was given a pixie cut. So, I'd probably have to say option b as weird and embarrassing as that would be.

Your friend surprises you with a four day city break and you have one hour to pack, which do-it-all palette do you pack in your bag?

It would have to be my Starlooks Champagne Palette as it's very versatile, allowing you to go from a simple daytime look to a smokey eye, or something glitzy and shimmery. I love it!

Your house has been robbed - don't worry, everyone is safe - but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?

As attached as I am to my makeup, I don't think I would mind too much if it had been raided as it's pretty much all replaceable. I think I'd be more concerned about other items in my home.

Your friend borrows makeup and returns it in an awful condition. Do you:
a) Pretend you haven't noticed
b) Ask them to re-purchase it
c) Secretly do it back to their makeup?

Under no circumstances would I ever lend a friend my makeup - it's just too precious and I wouldn't even risk it to end up in this situation, not to mention it's unhygenic. I certainly wouldn't pretend that I didn't notice. So, I'd pick option b - if they're a good friend, then they'll admit that they've done the wrong thing and replace your damaged makeup willingly with no argument.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Let me know if you'd like me to do more tags in future.

I tag anyone reading this who would like to participate - make sure you leave your link in the comments as I would love to read your answers.