Farewell 2014, Welcome 2015

31.12.14

Since most of my content this month has been Christmas related, I have decided to skip the usual monthly round-up in favour of a summary of 2014 and what I'm looking forward to in 2015.

If I were to describe this year, I would do so in two words which are enlightening and challenging. Trying to find a job has been really, really hard and I just sort of feel like I haven't done anything or accomplished anything in 2014. I feel like I have wasted 365 days. And yet I've learnt so much about myself in the last 12 months. I've learnt that I'm a lot more confident than I thought I was, a lot more talkative than I've ever been, I'm more comfortable with who I am, and I just feel I've finally come to accept and love myself for the oddity, loner and old soul that I am, the person that I am.

And while I do hold more negative than positive feelings about 2014, I am so grateful for the many different things that have happened to me this year. I am so grateful for the opportunities that I've been given - internships, job interviews, event volunteer positions. I've met some amazing people and some not-so-amazing people, some that I have instantly connected with and some that I have strongly disliked working with. I am also grateful for finding my passion, what I can see myself doing everyday for the rest of my life. Most of all I am grateful for the support system that is my family who are so understanding and patient with me in finding my way, who have helped me keep it together when all I wanted to do was fall apart.

I'm ready to let go of 2014's negativity and I'm excited to embrace 2015, and face the new challenges and experiences I'm sure it will bring. I am especially excited to start my Diploma of Interior Design & Decoration and officially open my Etsy shop as well as practice my calligraphy which I've recently gotten back into. I'm also looking forward to experimenting more with my makeup and expressing my creativity. And of course I'm looking forward to learning more about myself, about life, and growing as a person. I don't necessarily believe in New Year Resolutions but I do believe in setting goals.

Lastly, I wanted to share with you that I'm thinking of changing things up on Shelbi Chic. In the last few months, my blog has become a bit of a chore for me. While I will always love makeup and beauty I feel like I need to branch out a little more and include posts about lifestyle, inner beauty and my life more often. But as always, I'd love your input and suggestions about what you'd like to see and read more of. Also, I think I'll be tossing the blog schedule in the bin and writing and blogging more when I feel like it because I think that will make blogging more enjoyable for me - here's to embracing spontaneity! With a new era comes a new blog design. So I will be sprucing up Shelbi Chic in the new year with a new header, colour scheme, etc. which means I may not be posting much in January - I am a perfectionist, after all.

Farewell 2014. Welcome 2015.

What are you looking forward to in 2015?