How To Remove Your Makeup

8.11.14

Ladies, I cannot stress enough how important it is to remove your makeup at the end of the day. Not doing this will not only lead to extra and unnecessary blemishes, your skin will have this look and feel of general uncleanliness, and probably won't be looking as bright or glowing as it would otherwise. If you're skin is hating you, it's probably because you're not removing your makeup at all, or you're not removing it properly. Our skin goes into repair mode when we sleep - how is it meant to effectively renew itself if you're going to bed with a face full of makeup? So, do yourself and your pillow case a favour, and wash your makeup off properly. Keep reading for tips on how to do this.

I like to begin my makeup cleansing routine with a facial cleansing wipe. I use this firstly to remove my eye makeup. I do recommend the Johnson's ones but I'm wondering if there are better ones out there - leave your favourites in the comments below. The Johnson's wipes can be a little dry but I love them because they don't sting my eyes or dry out my eye lids, and they're pretty effective at removing my eye makeup. I also like to use these wipes on my neck and ears if I have bronzed those areas.

Next you're going to want to use a product that is going to begin lifting off your foundation without being to harsh on the skin, particularly if you are using a long-lasting foundation. You don't want to be scrubbing away at your skin with just your cleanser. You'll want to use some sort of cold cream. The Enya Sorbolene Cream has been an absolute lifesaver for me. It consists of about 10 ingredients, and is quite soothing and nourishing to the skin. Using 10 to 12 pumps, I gently massage it onto my skin for a few minutes and then rinse with water. I'll repeat this again. By this stage you'll have seen about 80 to 90 per cent of your foundation and concealer disappear.

To remove any remaining traces of makeup, you'll want to go in with your night time cleanser no more than two times. Finish up with moisturiser, eye cream, spot treatment... Whatever your usual post-cleansing routine entails.

If you are one to skip the makeup removal process, I really do urge you not to. Yes, it takes some time and effort but your skin is going to love you so much more for it. Put on your favourite music or light some candles - do anything that will make it a little more enjoyable for you.

What are some of your favourite makeup removal products?