Gold & Watermelon Makeup Tutorial

15.11.14


My final look from MSFW is here. I wanted to do something quite bright and decided to use some of my favourite Spring/Summer colours: gold and watermelon. These shades could really work for any eye colour. Otherwise you could use a different colour on the lower lash line.

1. Begin by priming your eyelid and surrounding areas.
2. Apply a matte white eye shadow to the brow bone.
3. Sweep a warm matte dark brown shadow through the crease.
4. Pat a gold eye shadow onto the lid - I used both a cream and baked shadow to make it more intense.
5. Apply a watermelon or coral eye shadow to the lower lash line.
6. Highlight the inner corner with a satin white shadow.
7. Tightline and line the upper lash line with black eye liner. I also applied a bit of white eyeliner to my waterline.
8. Apply mascara and/or false lashes.

I've made the watermelon colour as prominent as possible in this look by applying it to the eyes, lips and cheeks.

Products Used
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation & Concealer
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
Zuii Organic Blush
Starlooks Champagne Palette
Maybelline Colour Tattoo
BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette
Maybelline Eye Liner Pencil
MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Mascara
E.L.F. Studio Eye Brow Kit
E.L.F. Clear Eye Brow Gel
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Colour in 420 Coral Pop