NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Black Bean & Milk

8.10.14

Today's post is going to be a quick review of NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils in Black Bean and Milk.
A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly - no pulling, tugging or fading - and come in a range of vivid hues. Our most voluptuous pencil yet!
Once again, I'm a little late to the party with this product! I've had these eye pencils for about a year now and I absolutely love them as an eye shadow base. I think this product works a lot better as an eye shadow base than an eyeliner but I'll get to that a little later. Basically, if you're looking for a product to increase the intensity and longevity of your eye shadow - whether they're cheaper shadows or high-end ones - then this is the product for you.

NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils are smooth, creamy and very pigmented. I've read that some people have had problems with creasing and fading but this has not occurred with me so far, and yes I do wear an eye primer. Their creaminess means they are really easy to spread and blend. You can take your time with applying and blending them but they don't smudge or smear once applied - it's as if they do set after a period of time.

So, why don't I like them as an eye liner? Well, it's because of their size and formula. Tightlining or lining the waterline proves quite difficult when using the Jumbo Pencils. Additionally, because they are so creamy, they don't last throughout the day on the upper or lower waterline. I've noticed that when I apply Milk on my lower waterline, by the end of the day it has significantly faded. And when I tightline with Black Bean, it smudges on my lower waterline. So, I cannot recommend this product to be used on the waterline.


Black Bean - a true, matte black.
This shade is perfect for smokey eyes and can increase the intensity of any darker shades from black to browns to greys. This would also work well for defining the outer V or if you are looking for a really smudgy, smoked out eye liner on both the upper and lower lash line.


Milk - a true, matte white.
If you only ever buy one shade, this has to be it. It makes for a great base because it will definitely help with the pigmentation and vibrancy of any colour you place over the top, no matter how cheap the product is. It can be used to highlight the brow bone and inner corner, and you can apply it to your waterline to cancel redness in the eye and make it appear larger.

Overall, I really love the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils and I certainly recommend them because they do make a huge difference to the look of your eye makeup. I'll be purchasing more - hopefully soon - so I would love to hear your favourites and any shades you recommend.