Minted Makeup Tutorial

6.9.14


I feel like it has been forever since I've done a makeup tutorial on here! And honestly, that's because I've hardly been wearing makeup over the last few months, and when I have it has been a rather natural look that isn't really worth posting about. I know it may seem pretty bad that as a beauty blogger I don't wear makeup that often. But I really don't see the point in wasting makeup and makeup remover on a day where I'm going to be lounging around the house or heading out to the shops for only a short time. I prefer to save my made-up self for work, events, etc. Anyway...

I've been a Front Of House Volunteer for Melbourne Spring Fashion Week over the last week - today is my last day. Obviously, I wore makeup to each of my shifts. So, I do have a few looks to share with you guys. I tried to step out of my comfort zone a little bit by incorporating more colour and intensity. This look was very much inspired by Spring - I was so keen to try out a mint/turquoise colour in one of my looks and this was it. I think this makeup would suit most eye colours. I am actually surprised with how well the mint looks against my green eyes.

1. Prime your eyes with your usual eye primer or base.
2. Fill in your eyebrows if you so choose, or simply shape them with a brow comb or spoolie and set them with a brow gel.
3. Highlight the brow bone with a white eye shadow.
4. On a fluffy brush, sweep a matte dark brown eye shadow into the crease. Build the colour up until you reach your desired intensity.
5. Place a shimmery white eye shadow onto a shader brush and pat it onto the inner two-thirds of the lid. You can also add a white pigment on top for some more shimmery goodness.
6. Place the crease colour mixed with some black eye shadow in the outer V.
7. With a dense brush, apply your mint eye shadow to the lower lash line and softly blend with a fluffier brush. Keep adding colour and blending until it's as pigmented as you'd like.
8. Apply the shimmery white shadow to the inner corner.
9. Add some white or nude eye liner to the water line. Tightline and line the upper lash line with black or brown pencil eye liner.
10. Curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara. Add falsies if you wish. And the eyes are done!

I paired this eye makeup with a neutral blush and a pinky-brown lip.

Products Used
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation & Concealer
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
Zuii Organic Blush
E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit
Starlooks Champagne Palette
BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick

I hope you like this makeup look. Please do let me know if you try it yourself - I'd love to see pics. If you're not already, be sure to follow me on MakeupSocial at CarissaShelbi.