MakeupSocial - What's It All About?

20.8.14

This morning when I woke up and checked my email, sitting in my inbox was an email from the MakeupSocial team. It had come across my blog and was wondering if I would be interested in posting a little write-up about it on Shelbi Chic. Since I had no other content lined up for today, I thought I would give MakeupSocial a try - I was going to check it out sooner or later anyway - and introduce it to you, my lovely readers.

I'm sure many of you have heard about this while wandering around social media. But for those of you have no idea what I'm talking about, MakeupSocial is an app that allows beauty lovers from all around the globe to interact with each other by posting photos and reviews. It is currently only available on iPhone but Android users should keep an eye out as it will be made available for you very soon.

MakeupSocial is aimed at anyone involved in the wonderful world of beauty - from beauty bloggers, to amateur and professional makeup artists, to those with a general love for all things beauty. Users can connect with each other and share beauty advice, reviews, and makeup looks. MakeupSocial defines this app as if Instagram and MakeupAlley had a baby - and I think that pretty much sums it up perfectly.

You can sign up with email or Facebook, then answer a few questions about yourself (skin type, hair colour, etc.), and your profile is complete. Now you'll be able to post photos, write reviews, and add products to your profile. It does take a bit of getting used to but the more you use it, the faster you'll get the hang of it.




I think this is the best platform that could exist for beauty lovers. I know we've turned Instagram into a platform for sharing our work but MakeupSocial is something even better because it's exclusively for us, combining both images and reviews. I just started using it this morning and I am already addicted.

I would say that this app is ideal for someone who's considering starting their own beauty blog - because it is a mixture of both photos and reviews, it will give you an indication of how good you would be as a blogger without the hassle of setting up, finding a layout, etc. It is also great if you are an existing beauty blogger because it is an additional platform you can use for leveraging your blog. And of course it is great for makeup artists to share their knowledge and work. Ultimately, MakeupSocial is going to allow us to learn so much from each other and I think that's a wonderful thing.

I hope you join me on MakeupSocial - my username is 'CarissaShelbi'. Please let me know if you join and leave your username in the comments below.

**MakeupSocial did not pay me to write this review. These are entirely my own thoughts and opinions.**