E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush

9.8.14

This Taklon can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
Creates an airbrushed effect by adding soft textured layers.
The varying bristle heights create ultimate control from sheer to heavy coverage for small and hard to reach places.
Ideal with liquid, cream or powder products.
Directions: Using desired face product, dab colour in a "stippling" motion onto the skin for concentrated colour or blend in all over for a beautiful sheer and smooth coverage.
I wanted this E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush for ages, so when it finally came back in stock I didn't hesitate to buy it. At $8.00, it is an absolute steal. I wanted a smaller duo fibre brush to apply under-eye concealer when I'm using my Sigma Duo Fibre for my foundation so I get an airbrushed finish over my entire face.

This brush does a really good job at applying concealer that results in great coverage because it is a fairly dense duo fibre. However, I do find I have to work at it for a bit to ensure that everything has blended seamlessly. Blending is especially important when using this brush because the product you are using can become quite streaky. So, when using this brush to apply concealer, I tend to use a mixture of techniques: I'll begin by swiping the concealer under my eyes, then use circular motions, and then stipple any remaining product to ensure there are no lines or streaks.

Yet, this brush doesn't just work well for applying concealer. It also works incredibly well as a contour and blush brush. In fact, I think I prefer using it for this purpose more than concealing. It is the perfect size to fit in the hollows of the cheeks, and the density of the bristles means it picks up and applies enough product to provide a fairly strong contour. Similarly, it allows for a decent coverage when applying blush.

The E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush is easy to wash. Any product can be easily washed away and the bristles have not been stained so far. It is nice and light which makes it easy to hold when applying product.

Overall, I recommend this brush. It is a valuable member of my brush collection due to its versatility.

Do you own this brush? What do you think of it?