BH Cosmetics 120 Colour Palette 5th Edition

23.8.14

I purchased the BH Cosmetics 120 Colour Palette 5th Edition from Ozsale about a year ago and I have to say that as much as I love the 3rd edition, it has taken second place over this one. While I turn to the 3rd edition when I want a neutral look with a pop of colour, the 5th edition is my go-to palette for a simple neutral look.
Instead of hunting through your purse for your night on the town cosmetics, go from office professional to smokin' hot with this 120 Colour Eyeshadow Palette 5th Edition. This makeup palette contains warm and natural shades, including earthbound shimmer and matte colours of smooth browns and golds, and feminine pinks and purples. These colours look fabulous on all skin tones and eye colours.
The main reason I purchased this particular eye shadow palette from BH is because the colour palette consists of shades that complement green eyes. So, if like me, you do have green eyes, you need to grab this palette.

The top palette, which for me is the day time palette, consists of bright oranges, deep pinks, grape purples, and a range of muted neutral colours. The neutral side is definitely my go-to when I'm at a loss for what type of makeup I should do, or if I just want a really simple, day-time appropriate look. And then I can always add a pop of colour on my lower lash line if I'm in the mood for a bit of colour. The neutral side of the palette is also good for coming up with corporate makeup looks because it's impossible to go overboard with these particular shades but you'll still be wearing enough eye makeup to look put together.

This second palette is the moodier of the two from the 5th Edition. This palette is filled with shimmery and darker neutrals, coppers and bronzes, barbie pinks, golds and pearls. To be honest, I haven't used as many of the shades from this bottom palette compared to the one above. But I've loved the few that I have used so far. This palette is more for evening wear, I think, or for those who prefer bolder makeup during the day.

Some of the shadows in the BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 5th Edition palette aren't as pigmented as others in this palette, which you can see in the swatches. But I think the overall quality of these shadows is quite good considering how inexpensive these palettes are. Because of this, these palettes are particularly great for those who are new to wearing makeup: they allow you to experiment with a range of different colours for a rather small price. Additionally, you can increase the quality and pigment with the use of an eye primer or base, such as NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Also, there is occasional fallout on the palette and during application on the under-eye area with some of the more shimmery shades. Finally, I feel that many of the shades are quite similar to each other, so this palette could be improved if there was a little more variation in that sense.

I love this palette and I love BH Cosmetics, and I will continue to purchase its makeup. I think it's great that this brand supports makeup artists at all different levels on social media as well, although I am yet to be featured on its Twitter or Instagram *hint hint* - just kidding, BH!

If you haven't already, make sure you check out my review of the 120 Colour Palette 3rd Edition and the Galaxy Chic Palette.

Do you have this palette? What do you think of it?