Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

16.7.14


Today's post is about one of my best friends when it comes to skincare: Biore's Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. These strips are intended for deep cleaning your skin and unblocking clogged pores, such as blackheads, whiteheads and milia. However, they are not for use on more serious pimples or acne. Very rarely do I get a whitehead or blackhead but I am occasionally prone to milia, particularly on my forehead, and I always turn to these strips.
 What's in the box...
Basically you get seven of the nose strips and seven of the face strips. I hardly ever use the nose ones for my nose - unfortunately, you can't buy a box of just the face strips - but I'll use them just like the ones for the face. They come individually packaged which is nice and sanitary and you can tell which are which by the colour: blue is for the face while silver is for the nose.

And this is what they look like...
The strips are very reasonably sized and, apart from when I'm using them on my forehead, I'll usually cut them in half to better fit the space that I want to deep clean. Also, I should mention that they are not limited for use when you already have clogged pores. You can use them as a preventative measure or even if you feel like your face needs a deep clean.

So, how does this work? While Biore recommends that you do this after washing your face, I prefer to do it before cleansing and that's simply because sometimes the "glue" sticks to your skin after peeling them off. What I'll do is wash off any spot treatment and moisturiser with water in the area that I wish to apply the strip. I dry my hands, peel off the plastic and place the strip on the area, ensuring that it has stuck to my skin well. I wait until the strip has dried - you can have a shower, brush your teeth, etc. in the meantime - and gently peel it off.

Now, I'm going to be completely honest and say that there is some irritation once the strip has been removed. I'm not sure if that's just the case for my ridiculously sensitive skin - let me know in the comments below - but should this happen to you, don't panic. Splash some cool water on your face and it should be back to normal in 10 to 15 minutes.

Some of you reading this may be a little skeptical about whether these actually work. But trust me when I say they actually do. I have been using these strips since late primary/early high school - back when Biore's brand colour palette was pastel pink and green - and they don't disappoint. If you have dirt or oil trapped in your pores, you will definitely see it stuck to the strip. I would take a photo of what mine look like to prove it but quite frankly I think that's a little gross to put on my blog. As for the clogged pores, they may not disappear straight after using this product but continue to spot treat and they should be gone in one to two days.

Ultimately, I'm a huge fan of the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. I will continue to use them and I recommend them to those who often get blocked pores. In conjunction with a treatment, they will work for you.

Have you used this product? What was your experience like?