Purple Makeup Tutorial

26.4.14


I wasn't 100 per cent happy with how this look came out - I wish the pink in the crease was a little brighter - but I thought I would share it with you anyway.

Let's begin.

1. Start by priming your eye lid right up to the brow bone. Also prime underneath your eye to prevent your mascara from smudging throughout the day.
2. Take Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eye Shadow in Painted Purple and apply over the lid.
3. Next, take a similar coloured powder eye shadow and pat the colour onto the lid. Keep applying the shadow until you get it as pigmented as you'd like.
4. Now grab a dark pink shadow onto a blending brush and sweep it through the crease. Ensure that everything is blended well.
5. Then take a light colour and highlight the brow bone. You can also highlight the inner corner of your eye.
6. Take a black eye shadow onto a small brush and define the outer V to add more depth to the look.
7. Apply black pencil eye liner to the waterline and the lid. Don't forget to tightline to give the appearance of fuller lashes.
8. Smudge some of the purple shadow from step three on the lower lashline.
9. Lastly, curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara to the upper and lower lashes. You can also apply false lashes if you wish.

I used eye shadows from the BH Cosmetics 120 Colour Palette 5th Edition.

I kept the lip colour quite bold, using #6 Coral Kiss by Boe Cosmetics (from Big W), but you could pair this eye look with a light pink or nude lip as well.

I hope you enjoyed this post and try this look for yourself. If you do, please let me know and I'd love to see pics.

Thank you for reading!