The Liebster Award

1.3.14

Shelbi Chic has been nominated for a Liebster Award. I'd like to say a big thank you to Zoe Mountford for nominating me. I had no idea what this was before I was invited to participate. But after doing some research on it, I think it is such a great way to get to know people in the bloggersphere and make people feel involved in the blogger community.

The Rules
Post 11 facts about yourself
Post your answers to the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
Include the Liebster Award image in the post and sidebar

11 Facts About Me
1. I completed a Bachelor of Professional Communication in November. I majored in Public Relations and will be graduating in May.
2. I am half Italian and half Polish but I was born in Australia.
3. I have been playing piano since I was six and singing since I was seven.
4. I have a Jack Russell pup (she's not really a puppy anymore - she'll be six this year) named Mia but I only call her that when I'm mad at her. I usually call her Jumpy, because she can jump really high, or Mimi. But she'll answer to anything said in a high pitched voice.
5. My favourite outfits are ones that are all black.
6. I love the smell of books and stationery.
7. My favourite singer is Tina Arena. I have seen her live twice and met her at an in-store when I was three.
8. I like the beach but I hate sand.
9. My favourite book is and always will be Harry Potter.
10. I'm a Taurus. I don't believe in horoscopes but I do believe that zodiac signs can reveal a lot about ourselves.
11. I have an interest in interior design and decorating (I think of it as makeup for houses) and would love to pursue this interest further if or when the time is right.

Zoe's Questions
1. What is your favourite makeup item?
Mascara. I love big, long, bold lashes. If my lashes look good then it will be a good day.
2. Where is the best place you have travelled/visited?
I don't have an answer for this question. I haven't been overseas. The only holiday I've been on was to Sydney when I was 8 which I don't remember much of.
3. Who is you favourite TV of film character?
This one's easy. Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. I love her quick wit and independence.
4. What is the one item you can't leave the house without?
Definitely my phone. Not because we are inseparable but because I need Google Maps near me at all times when in the city.
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Because I've grown up with music, I always wanted to be a singer (you can check out my demo here). I also wanted to be a teacher at one point as well as an author because I loved writing stories in primary school.
6. How long does it take you to get ready for a night out?
It depends where I'm going but at least a couple hours.
7. What is your favourite type of music?
Anything that doesn't give me a headache. In all seriousness, probably Classical and the Romantics. It's relaxing and soothing, and got me through my exams.
8. What is your favourite food?
I'm going to have to split this one into sweet and savoury. My favourite sweet foods are vanilla cupcakes and cheesecake. My favourite savoury foods are fries, mushroom risotto and pierogi.
9. If you could visit anywhere, where in the world would you go?
I have a pretty long list of places but I'll stick to the main ones in this answer, which are: Poland, Italy, France, Canada, and the US, particularly the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando and I have to visit Sephora at least once before I die.
10. What is your favourite colour?
In general, it is periwinkle (isn't it the cutest word?). But I also love gold.
11. If you had to pick between buying a new outfit or new makeup what would you choose?
I usually only buy makeup on a need rather than a want basis, so I would have to say a new outfit.

My Questions
1. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
2. What are your top three life goals?
3. Winter or Summer fashion?
4. Do you take photos or write your blog posts first?
5. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
6. Hot chocolate, tea, or coffee?
7. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
8. Apart from blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?
9. What is your favourite quote or words that you live by?
10. Describe yourself in three words.
11. What items are almost always in your handbag?