My Everyday Hot Weather Makeup Routine

8.3.14

I wanted to get this post out in the Summer but since it's still pretty mild here in Melbourne, I figure it's still relevant. Today, I'm going to share with you my melt-proof and light makeup routine for the warmer months of the year entailing natural eyes and bold lips. This is also my go-to look if I have no idea what I want to do in terms of makeup.

Face:
Clinique CC Cream - This is probably the lightest product you will ever put on your face. When I wear it I don't feel like I am wearing any makeup at all (although are BB and CC creams defined as makeup?). What is great about this CC cream is that it has an SPF30, which is not the highest by today's standards but will still give you decent protection. I don't want to give too much away about this product as I'll be posting a review on it soon.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer - I use this mainly to highlight my under eye area, chin and nose. Using a concealer will also help to mask any areas that the CC cream fails to cover.
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer - We all want a nice glow during Summer and this is where bronzer enters my hot weather beauty routine. I don't apply it all over my face. I usually use it to contour but I also use it to frame the sides of my face and forehead, and to darken my neck and décolletage.
Zuii Organic Blush in Peach - Blush simply gives a nice flush to the cheekbones. I opt for a more orange shade because it looks better against my skin tone rather than pink shades.

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Shadow Base - Using an eye primer ensures that your eye makeup doesn't budge or melt throughout the day. Apply it over your lid to the brow bone and include your under eye area, and it will keep your makeup looking nice and as fresh as it did when your first applied it.
BH Cosmetics 120 Colour Palette 5th Edition - From this palette, I generally use any shades from the three columns closest to the CC Cream as I like to keep it fairly natural looking. There is a pretty good range of matte and shimmery shades although I generally opt for matte colours on warm days.
Maybelline Masterliner Pencil Eye Liner in Black - I use black eye liner to tightline in order to give the appearance of thicker lashes and to define the eye a little more.
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk - Using a nude or white eye liner on the waterline will open up your eyes and make them appear bigger.
MaxFactor Masterpiece Mascara - I prefer my mascara to be a bit lighter on hot days, so I use this one to lengthen my lashes. If you read my review on this product, you would have seen that I had trouble with smudging but I've found that using an eye primer underneath my eyes has helped with this slightly.
Maybelline Pink Pop, Maybelline Coral Fever, Revlon Peach Silk - I like to go with bright and bold shades for a pop of colour but you can also wear a lighter colour if you want to keep the look on the natural side.

Do you change up your makeup routine during Summer?