#NOTW - Sally Hansen Lustre Shine (002 Gilt)

19.2.14

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine - 002 Gilt


Let me just start off by saying that I find duo chrome nail polish completely fascinating. This is my first ever duo chrome and I can't stop staring at my nails! Duo chrome polish is polish that changes colour when moved toward or away from a light source. In this case, Sally Hansen's Lustre Shine in Gilt moves from a warm gold to a soft rose pink.

Like most Sally Hansen nail polishes, the formula is pretty close to perfect. It's not too runny and not too thick, making it a dream to apply. My only criticism of this polish is that it is quite sheer, which means I had to apply three thin coats to get full coverage as opposed to my usual two coats.

It lasted reasonably well with some minor chipping beginning on day four with more noticeable chipping happening thereafter. I don't know what's been going on with my nails lately: I used to be able to wear a manicure for a whole week with no chipping. Perhaps it has something to do with my top coat...

Anyway, I still adore this nail polish and I will definitely purchase more from this range in future.

What are your thoughts on duo chrome polish?