Shimmery Eye Makeup Tutorial

1.1.14

Happy New Year!

Today I'm sharing what was actually my Christmas Day eye look, inspired by one of Carli Bybel's holiday makeup looks. I've never really copied someone else's makeup before but I did tweak it and made it my own. I hope you like it!

1. Prep the eye lids with the primer of your choice. I used the NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base.
2. Highlight the brow bone and inner corner with NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Blend and set with a matte white eye shadow.
3. Place a shimmery gold eye shadow and place it on the inner two thirds of the lid. I used Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eye shadow in "Bold Gold".
4. Take "Sun" from the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette and place it on top of the gold shadow.
5. On a fluffy blending brush, sweep "Aphrodite" (also from the Galaxy Chic Palette) into the crease.
6. Next, take a matte plum colour to define the outer V. I mixed a dark purple with black. Also sweep this colour on the outer two thirds of the lower lash line.
7. Now tightline the upper waterline with a black eye liner pencil and the lower waterline with a gold eye liner pencil.
8. Line the eyes with black liquid or gel liner.
9. Add a few coats of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

You can also fill in your brows if that's a part of your routine. As for the lips, I used a bright pink by Maybelline which didn't match but I was dying to use it. I would stick to nudes or light oranges for this look.

This eye makeup was a step out of my comfort zone and very different to what I usuaylly wear but I really loved how it looked.

What kinds of eye looks have you been loving lately?