Maybelline Colour Show: Iced Queen

3.10.13

I would describe this colour as a cool, lavender purple. Pictured above is two coats and, as you can see, it is quite opaque. I'm a little bit hesitant when it comes to cheap nail polish: over the years I've realised that, much like anything else, you get what you pay for. So, this is the only Colour Show I own. But let me tell you, I was really surprised by this one. You will come to know that I am incredibly loyal to Maybelline as a low-end makeup brand, and Iced Queen certainly didn't let me down.

The formula was a lot better than I expected it to be for such a cheap polish. It was creamy, not too thick and not too runny. My only criticism about this product is that the brush is a tad too small. Of course this is due to the size of the bottle, which is great by the way because it means it won't become dry or thick before you finish it.

I am likely to add a few more of these to my collection in future as some of the colours look really cute. Hopefully, the formula is the same among the other colours. I would definitely recommend these polishes to those of you who are on a budget. Maybelline has shown itself to be a quality but affordable brand and more so with the release of its nail polish range.

You can buy Maybelline Colour Show for $5.95 at Priceline or $4.99 at Chemist Warehouse.