Eyelash Curlers: Do They Really Work?

18.9.13


Eyelash curlers have been around for ages and while people swear by them, I never really saw the fuss or need for them when I was already happy with how my eyelashes looked. But since this one was $10.99 at Chemist Warehouse, I thought I would give it a try. The packaging states that the product creates natural curl to your lashes. It also includes an extra silicon non-stick rubber pad, which is good. To use, you simply open the curler and get as close to your lash line as possible. Clamp down slowly to ensure you're not pinching your skin and hold for approximately 30 seconds. Walk the curler up your lashes until you reach the tips for a more dramatic look. Although you should only curl clean, bare and dry lashes, I learnt a little trick from ciaoobelllaxo who curled her lashes after applying mascara and they were ridiculously long. I am yet to try this but I will definitely keep you posted.

One set of eyelashes in the photo below has been curled, the other hasn't. Can you guess which eye has?
The correct answer is: right.

I really don't see that much of a difference between right and left. The right eye does look slightly more lifted and consistently spread out but I don't think it's a significant enough difference to say that you can't live without an eyelash curler. I have heard that the more expensive the curler, the better it is and you can even get heated ones now. I have to say that for what it is intended to do, I think this is a bit extreme and wouldn't pay more than $20 for an eyelash curler. But maybe some eyelash/eye types would benefit more than others.

Do you think eyelash curlers work? Which are you favourites?