Matching Lips & Nails: Cherry Red

28.8.13

Hello, readers!

I hope you're having a lovely week.

Since the whole matching lips and nails thing has come back in style, as seen in London and Paris Fashion Week earlier this year (according to Cosmopolitan UK), I thought I would share my matching cherry red lips and nails this fine Wednesday.

On the lips is Cha Cha Cherry by Revlon, a stunning orange based cherry red. Red is one of my favourite colours to wear on my lips. If I could wear it every day, I would. I don't why but it just makes me feel really confident and good about myself. And red pretty much goes with any colour, clothing wise. As you can see, I have paired it with a natural looking eye. I used a matte white eye shadow on the brow bone and inner two-thirds of the lid, a light tan-brown on the outer third, a light shimmer brown in and above the crease, and a matte brown in the outer crease and on the lower lid, all of which were from the BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 3rd Edition (review coming soon). I put some black eye liner on my upper lash line and outer lower lid. I then filled in my brows and topped it all off with a couple coats of mascara.
On the nails is Cherry Red by Sally Hansen. I cannot speak highly enough of Sally Hansen nail polish. It is seriously the best. I think the colour is closer to cherry red than the lipstick but is still slightly orange. The formula is incredible, in fact, it was perfect. Pictured is two coats and a top coat but you could get away with one.

Are you into matching your lips and nails, or do you still think it's tacky? Which colours do you like to pair?